Hey there, I’m Gavin, CEO and Founder of TechThrive. Pet Tracking is a personal project of mine because about 5 years ago I lost my beloved kitty. My kitty went for a walk and never returned. I was one of the lucky ones, a distant neighbor found him 6 weeks later. He was chipped so it was easy to track me down thereafter.
The very next day my pet tracker journey began. I imported an exorbitantly expensive tracker from the UK – its main functionality was a bluetooth chip which was placed on the collar and used to track my kitty. Tracking worked great but only within about 100 meters range and then once the batteries went flat after the first 3 months it became a huge pain to replace batteries. Fast forward a few years. I’ve now moved onto a more advanced system – GPS and an internet connection (sim card)! The biggest benefit is that I can track my kitty from any location however the battery only lasts a few days at best which was frustrating and eventually I stopped charging it.
So, at this point I’ve tried 2 trackers both of which worked but not quite the way I wanted. It was now time to make my own and that is exactly what we set out to do. We hope to be ready to launch before the end of 2020 (lockdown permitting :)).
In the mean time if you want to track your pet what are your options?
- There are 2 main technologies – Bluetooth which offers longer battery life but short range tracking or GPS with a sim card which offers a large tracking area but in general a 2 to 5 day battery life.
- There are a ton of trackers on the market – most of which are GPS and a sim card based.
- However I would not recommend buying any of those because they aren’t designed as a pet tracker. One SA brand (which I wont name) simply sticks a label over a smart watch screen and charges 4 times as much.
- Bluetooth options
- All key finders use bluetooth. They are very cheap and work!
- GPS and Sim card
- Buy a cheap smart watch. Odds are rather good that the tech inside the watch is the same as the tech inside the majority of the pet trackers being sold right now except at a reasonable price.
- If you’re unsure just look for a smart watch that uses the SETracker App
Please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can contact you as soon our our purpose built tracker is ready.
It is devastating to lose a pet. Place a small internet-enabled GPS device on your pet’s collar and know where they are all the time.
The bond with pets is incredibly strong. We love our pets and they love us unconditionally. What happens when your pet gets lost! They have no way to communicate with you, you don’t know if they’re safe and you can’t find them.
Introducing the TechThrive pet tracker – the worlds best pet tracker. Preventing what you love from getting lost.
TechThrive provides a small internet enabled GPS which is quickly attached to any pet collar. The GPS broadcasts a position letting you know they’re safe or if required that they are now far from home!
- Keep tabs on where your pets are at all times
- Losing a pet is an awful feeling. With our pet tracking GPS you will have the peace of mind knowing that your pet is safe throughout the day. Get alerts when they travel away from home and have absolute confidence in being able to find them again.
- If they get lost you can find them
- GPS location, wifi and hot and cold tracking allows you to track your pet wherever they are and find them everytime.
- General tracking and advanced tracking mode will allow for extreme accuracy even while your pet is undercover or hiding.
- Accurate GPS locations wasn’t enough for us. We wanted to make sure you could find a needle in a haystack! When at the GPS location you can use the advanced tracker on your mobile phone to get a direct connection to your pet. It works through objects so if they fell down a drain pipe you can still find them.
- Ultra long battery allows long term and convenient operation. No need to keep charging your device or worry that it is going flat.
Device removed/no movement
The app will generate an alert if it doesn’t receive the device online heartbeat
- Micro unit size – about the size of a normal gps enabled watch. Suitable for small cats and dogs.
- Attaches to any standard collar.
- Ultra long operation time
- No monthly fees
- 3 years of connectivity included
- User friendly tracking and configuration App
- Comprehensive tracking history through our web interface
- Smart tracking logic – track when required provides better battery life and higher tracking capacity
- Wireless charging
- Find me button that will alert the owner of the position of their pet – or a device ID can be submitted to our website allowing for the safe return of your pet
- Waterproof, rugged casing – suitable for the most challenging environments.
GSM based trackers have a battery that lasts 2 days. Ours lasts months.
We can track using multiple tracking methods allowing both long range and extremely accurate short range tracking.
Internet enabled covering 90% of South Africa (and other countries)
Purpose built for pet tracking
Visit our shop