Internet of Things (IoT)
Full Day Seminar
Learn about the Internet of Things (IoT) and how it can help your business Thrive!
Internet of Things Seminar:
16 April 2019 | Johannesburg
25 April 2019 | Durban
Internet of Things (IoT)
4th Industrial Revolution
The chances are that you’ve heard these phrases and that these major technological advances are going to revolutionise our lives and the way we do business. But what are they?
Internet of Things (IoT) involves connecting ordinary objects to a network, either ‘Smart’ objects with built in connectivity or normal objects enhanced with IoT devices. This gives you the ability to monitor, measure and track whatever you need to. The Big Data generated can be analysed and used by Artificial Intelligence in many different ways to better understand and improve your business.
This is the 4th Industrial Revolution.
This Seminar will introduce you to these concepts and their impact on global business. In addition:
- We will explore the variety of devices and systems available and what they can do.
- We will take you through the practicalities of the technology and how to design, manage and deploy an IoT network in your business.
- We will discuss how to evaluate pros and cons of potential systems.
- We will work through the importance of identifying and focusing on key operational aspects to ensure you source the correct technological solutions to fit your need.
This Seminar will ensure you have the knowledge and tools to master the changing technological landscape and revolutionise your business.
16th April 2019 | JOHANNESBURG | 435 Rugby Avenue Conference Centre
25th April 2019 | DURBAN | TBC
Time: 08:30 to 16:30
Cost: R4250 (incl VAT)
Who Should Attend?
- Small, medium and large enterprises
- Government departments
- Financial directors
- HR managers
- Operations managers
- Procurement managers
- Supply chain managers
- Production managers
- IT managers
- Project Managers
What you will Receive
- Detailed course notes
- Presentation slides
- A working IoT demo kit
Seminar Outline and Agenda
Registration, Tea and Networking (08:30)
Session 1 (09:00)
- Introduction to IoT
- How IoT affects business and the economy
- New technological developments
Tea Break (10:30)
Session 2 (11:00)
- Types of devices and capabilities
- Network operators
- Connectivity and platforms
Session 3 (13:30)
- Device development
- Designing, managing and deploying a network of devices
- Case study
Tea Break (15:00)
Session 4 (15:15)
- Case study
- Practical applications of the technology
- How hardware and software come together – using your demo kit.
Seminar Ends (16:30)
TechThrive is an innovative technology solutions company. Our goal is to assist our clients with the development and implementation of advanced technological solutions to maximise business potential and help them thrive.
Please refer to the brochure for more details.
MEET THE TEAM TO LEAD YOU
CEO – TechThrive
Gavin is a strategic thinker with over 15 years of practical business experience in consulting and professional services. He has a particular interest in implementing systems and technology to streamline operations and improve productivity. He believes that IoT systems and devices are the way of the future.
Technical Director – TechThrive
Andrew is an Electronic Engineer who spent 9 years designing devices and managing product development for a well known South African electronics manufacturer before leaving to start his own company. Andrew has developed devices from the ground up that have been deployed in large government hospitals, factories and small and large businesses and has sold millions of products internationally. His technical expertise and wealth of practical experience is well recognised.