The chances are that you’ve heard of Internet of Things (IoT) and that the technological advances are going to revolutionise our lives and the way we do business. But what is IoT and how can it benefit you?
Internet of Things (IoT) involves connecting ordinary objects to a network, either ‘Smart’ objects with built in connectivity or normal objects enhanced with IoT devices. This gives you the ability to monitor, measure and track whatever you need to. The Data generated can be analysed and used by in many different ways to better understand and improve your business.
This is the 4th Industrial Revolution.
The Workshop will introduce you to the major concepts and their impact on global business. In addition:
- We will show you how business can gain value from IoT technology and what they are currently doing.
- We will explore the variety of devices and systems available and what they can do.
- We will take you through the practicalities of the technology and how to design, manage and deploy an IoT network in your business.
This Workshop will ensure you have the knowledge and tools to master the changing technological landscape and
revolutionise your business.
Date: 19th September 2019 | JOHANNESBURG | 435 Rugby Avenue Conference Centre
Time: 08:30 for 9:00 to 13:00
Cost: R2250 (incl VAT)
Who Should Attend?
- Small, medium and large enterprises
- Government departments
- Financial directors
- HR managers
- Operations managers
- Procurement managers
- Supply chain managers
- Production managers
- IT managers
- Project Managers
What you will Receive
- Presentation slides
- A working knowledge of what IoT is and what benefits it offers
Workshop Outline and Agenda
- Registration, Tea and Networking (8:30)
- Session 1 (9:00)
- Introduction to IoT
- Practical Session: Devices in action; button, motion, light, GPS – creating useful applications
- IoT in Business
- Tea Break (10:45)
- Session 2 (11:00)
- Understanding IoT Technologies
- Designing, managing and deploying a network of devices
- Workshop End (13:00)
Gavin Levenstein | CEO – TechThrive
Gavin is a strategic thinker with over 15 years of practical business experience in consulting and professional services. He has a particular interest in implementing systems and technology to streamline operations and improve productivity. He believes that IoT systems and devices are the way of the future.
TechThrive is an innovative technology solutions company. Our goal is to assist our clients with the development and implementation of advanced technological solutions to maximise business potential and help them thrive.
Please refer to the brochure for more details.